About UsCompany History
- Snead was referenced in several jokes in the Peanuts comic strip in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Snead hit the Wrigley Field scoreboard with a golf ball teed off from home plate.
- Snead once appeared in an episode of The Phil Silvers Show (Sergeant Bilko).
- According to an edition of the Book of Sports Lists, Snead made a commercial for Bromo-Seltzer.
- West Coast gangsta rapper Snoop Dogg gave props to Sam Snead in his song of the same title.
Sam Snead’s Trivia
Click a Trivia question below to reveal the answer.
1. What Country did Sam Snead represent when he played golf?
2. What year was Snead born?
a. 1912 b. 1909 c. 1935 d. 1922
3. How many PGA Tour events did Snead win in his career?
a. 24 b. 82 c. 105 d. 52
4. What kind of hat was Sam Snead known to wear? Hint: He was know for a folksy image.
5. What was Sam Snead’s nickname?
6. What was Sam Snead known for most?
7. What year did Snead become a pro?
a. 1920 b. 1962 c. 1927 d. 1934
Sam Snead’s Company History
Get a Closer Look at Our Tavern and Our Inspiration.
Sam Snead’s Taverns are part of a fine family of restaurants that specialize in great food and quality service. The menu provides fresh entrées of Chairman’s Reserve Angus Beef, Chicken and Seafood, not to mention a wide variety of soups, salads and fresh homemade desserts.
Like every Sam Snead’s Tavern, our Orlando location is decorated with unique golf memorabilia. For each Tavern the Snead Family handpicks and places each piece of memorabilia to ensure authenticity and quality. This care is essential to the unique atmosphere created which highlights the illustrious career of the golfing legend Sam Snead.
Come in and roam from room to room, savoring the rich wood decor and all the memorabilia collected by Sam himself as he made his way into golf history, including photos with Tiger Woods, Bing Crosby, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan, Andy Griffiths, Jackie Gleason and President George Bush.
Welcome to Sam Snead’s Tavern
If you live and breathe the game of golf, you’re bound to hunger for more than a few birdies. At Sam Snead’s Tavern, you can feast on your passion for the game, as well as great food. Life’s too short to eat boring food. Come in and roam from room to room, savoring the rich wood decor and all the memorabilia collected by Sam as he made his way into golf history. Then choose from a wide selection of foods grilled only with locally-cured oak, that creates the most unique flavor around. Start with Sam’s appetizers, then make your selection from the Chairman’s Reserve Angus Beef, the freshest seafood, ribs or chicken. Complement all this with a fine wine or your favorite cocktail. And for the lighter appetite there’s a wide salad and sandwich selection to be enjoyed at Sam Snead’s Tavern. Be sure to finish your meal with one of Sam’s homemade desserts.